Rautis Poniklá - unique in the world - THE ONLY PLACE IN THE WORLD where Christmas bead decorations are still made by hand today.
Rautis - production and exhibition of Christmas decorations
Good to know:
- Poniklá - THE ONLY place in the world where Christmas decorations are still made by hand.
- We recommend that you check the opening times.
- Book your ONLINE tour reservation in advance - HERE
- By default, it is open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Christmas decoration catalog - here
- Collection of Easter decorations - here and here
- Try your own skills in the Rautis creative workshop. Great for kids!
- The excursion takes about 40 minutes
- Entry 40 CZK - adults / children 20 CZK.
- E-shop decorations - here
- Once upon a time, in difficult times, Krakonoš helped poor climbers ... Excellent video - HERE
512 42 - Poniklá 153
Tel.: +420 733 737 430
Email: info (@) rautis.cz
Web and other information: www.rautis.cz
Map, navigation and GPS - HERE
Are you interested in how beaded Christmas decorations are made?
Check out the traditional handmade Christmas decorations made from glass beads.
You can also try out your own skills in the Rautis creative workshop.
During the excursion, you can observe the entire production process, from the manual blowing of glass beads, silver plating and painting to the actual assembly of the decoration.
In the family business Rautis you will find a unique handicraft, in which glass decorations are blown and Christmas decorations are made, which has been in the tradition of Poniklá since 1902.
Rautis is the last company in the world that has managed to keep old technologies and keep production up to date!
If you are interested in how our ornaments are made, visit us and let yourself be enchanted by the ancient beauty of the ornaments and the enormous skill of those who make them to this day. Take a pearl Christmas decoration making excursion that takes place right in our company.
If you like our products, you can buy them in our company shop at discounted prices or, with our support, make them yourself in our creative workshop.
Opening times Rautis - Poniklá:
Excursions take place every day.
They always start at 9:00, 11:00, 13:00 and 15:00.
On weekends we perform every hour from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
We also do it every hour during the winter and summer holidays.
- Closed on December 24th and 26th, December 31st. and 01.01.
- Admission is 40 CZK, children 20 CZK.
- The excursion takes about 40 minutes.
- After the excursion, we also offer you the opportunity to apply your own decoration in our creative workshop - the time then depends on your skill.
- We offer in Czech language
- Accompanying texts in English, German and Polish are available to foreign visitors.
- If you are interested, we can also provide texts in the Czech language (e.g. for the deaf).
Groups over 15 people
Due to limited space, it is necessary to book an excursion for larger groups in advance. Please reserve by email or telephone using the contacts listed below or through our reservation system (indicate in the note whether you would also like to put together and visit the Krkonoše Handicraft Museum).
Since some of the workplaces we go through with the excursion are very small, we split groups of over 20 people in half.
One group goes on an excursion and the other usually uses our creative workshop and tries to install an asterisk. After the return of the first half of the excursion, the groups take turns.
The second option is to combine a visit to our country with a visit to the neighboring Museum of Handicrafts in Krkonoše - half of the group comes to us (excursions + possibly a creative workshop), the other half to the museum and vice versa.
Admission for groups of more than 15 people is uniform - CZK 30 per person.
Installation of a simple star in a creative workshop - 40 CZK, other possibilities of a creative workshop here.
Information for schools
If you would like to come with a school class, we look forward to welcoming you.
Usually we have to split the class in half. If you just want to visit us, one half goes on an excursion and the other half stays in a creative workshop and then changes. Schools often combine a visit with us with a tour of the neighboring Museum of Handicrafts in Krkonoše. Half of the class stays with us, where he goes on an excursion and puts up an asterisk depending on interests, half goes to a museum and then they take turns.
Admission for children - CZK 20 (free pedagogical care for 20 children).
Assembly of a simple star in a creative workshop - CZK 40.