Harmony Bunker Exhibition - Part of the construction of the Harmony Club Hotel was a huge underground shelter for the then general staff of the then army. It was one of the most classified projects in our country.
HARMONY BUNKER EXPOSURE - Špindlerův Mlýn
Cold War Museum under the HARMONY CLUB Hotel in Špindlerův Mlýn. This unique animal shelter, intended to serve the government of what was then the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic, was built in the 1980s. The strategic choice of location was led by the State Planning Commission in cooperation with the Warsaw Pact administration.
In 1984, a unique building was erected on the site of the former shooting range for military training on the Medvědín slope - an anti-nuclear shelter for 200 people. The shelter was designed as a "government workplace under state military readiness". Coverage in what is now the Harmony Club Hotel. There is a large underground labyrinth under the building. The hotel included a huge underground shelter for the general staff of the army at the time. It was one of the most classified projects in our country.
It was built by the Harmony Club Hotel team - mainly out of enthusiasm and to make these rooms accessible to the public. The museum opened in January 2016. The museum is located in a former anti-nuclear shelter for celebrities.
In addition to many rooms, there is a 12-meter pool, several conference rooms and lounges as well as a number of secret corridors and rooms on the five floors. The lowest floor is 15.6 meters below ground, the cover is separated from the hotel by a two-meter-long layer of concrete. Five armored doors lead to the bunker, which would hermetically close it in the event of a biological or nuclear attack.
Only the torso of the original rooms and corridors of the bunker is preserved today.
The size of the four-story underground labyrinth corresponded exactly to the capacity of the hotel. The designers created a bedroom, a kitchen and a cinema for two hundred people. The soldiers here had a complete background, so that in case of danger they could live here for several weeks and also carry out army operations.
The original is a room with cleaning showers and a control room, from which maintenance workers still control the air conditioning, electricity or water treatment systems. A fully functional diesel unit has also been preserved, which occasionally supplies the hotel with electricity in the event of a power failure.
Visitors can see a sample of what was then the bedroom in another room.
In the premises of the existing shooting range, an escape corridor again led to the planned helicopter landing pad - in its place there are now halls with tennis courts. There is no longer an underground hospital.
The subway's greatest pride and joy is the cinema for two hundred people. In addition to the screenings, it was intended for emergency command meetings. Although the bunker was built almost thirty years ago, many current cinema operators could envy the comfortable seats and equipment.
This unique space will reveal its secrets to you and freeze you from the history of the recent past ...
Good to know:
- The Bunker Harmony exhibition is open daily
- Hotel guests of the Harmony Club have free entry
- Open daily from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tickets can be bought at the main reception of the hotel or at the wellness reception.
- The tour is without a guide at the specified time
- You will see the staff room, control room, infirmary, bedrooms, drinking water tanks, etc.
- Entry - 50 CZK / person
- Organized tours can be arranged individually
- The bunker was designed as a "government workplace under state military readiness".
- The tour takes about 40 minutes.
- For groups of 10 people or more, it is possible to organize an individual, extended tour in a foreign language, which is associated with entry for 80, -CZK / person
- DURING APRIL-NOVEMBER - Parking at the hotel for 60 minutes is free
- Parking spaces at the hotel are charged in winter
- From the center only 30 minutes on foot / 1.2 km.
Contact and reservation:
Harmony Club Hotel
543 51 - Špindlerův Mlýn
mail: shop (@) harmonyclub.cz
Telephone: 499 469 553, 499 469 111
GPS and navigation - here