An excellent alternative to a trip to the Elbe Spring. You start from Špindlerova bouda, through Petrovka, Dívčí and Mužské kameny, Vysoké kolo and Sněžné jámy. It is a truly wonderful and unusual trip. Recommended!
We offer you an excellent alternative trip to the source of the Elbe - one of the most popular travel destinations in the Giant Mountains. A strong experience of this trip are also Dívčí and Mužské kameny, Sněžné jámy and the descent through the Elbe mine
A trip to the source Labe has more alternatives. In the previous tip No. 2 we offered you an easy ride on the cable car and the bus. A variant for more demanding tourists is presented here, but children can also master this route. It's a really nice trip and believe me, you will get to know the Giant Mountains differently
Brief description of the trip:
The route starts at the bus station in Špindlerův Mlýn or better with Gotaxi to Špindlerův bouda (cars are not allowed). You leave Špindlerův Bouda, drive through Petrovka, Dívčí and Mužské kameny, Vysoké kolo and must not miss the Sněžné jámy. You are already 7 km behind you.
Then go towards Labská bouda and the source of the Elbe.
We recommend returning to Labská bouda and from Labská bouda via the Elbe mine to Špindlerův Mlýn.
A nice trip. You have covered the distance 19 km. Congratulations!
Brief route description:
Špindlerův Mlýn - bus stop. Bus Špindlerův Mlýn - Špindlerova Bouda By bus or GoTaxi 9 km → Starting point: Špindlerova Bouda towards Petrova Bouda - Dívčí a Mužské kameny 3.2 km → Vysoké kolo → Sněžké jámy / Śnieżne Kotły PL → At the crossroads, turn left towards source Labe → SOURCE LABE → Labská bouda → under Labská bouda return - descent through the Elbe mine to Špindlerův Mlýn. A total of 19 km.
Total length and duration: 19.1 km / approx. 7-8 h (Špindlerův bouda - source Elbe - Špindlerův Mlýn)
Difference in altitude: ascent: ↑ 374 m, descent ↓ 854 m
Difficulty level: 3/5 suitable, also suitable for children
Refreshments along the route: YES - Špindlerova Bouda, Petrovka, Labská bouda
Walking with children: YES
Mountain bike: NO
Strollers: NO - take a stretcher or we will lend you a baby backpack
Wheelchair users: NO
By car: NO
Good to know:
- Bring your ID - ID card or passport. You are walking on the state border.
- Weather on the ridges - on-line webcam Medvědín - here, on-line webcam Vrbatova bouda, on-line webcam Labská bouda
- The weather in the mountains often changes suddenly. Have suitable clothing with you in case of bad weather.
- Refreshments, toilet after 8 km
- Mountain service - tel +420 1210 - non stop. Save in your phone in case of injury, accident, danger.
- You are in the first protection zone of the Krkonoše National Park. Please: protect nature, do not enter off the marked paths, do not pick flowers and do not litter.