Breathtaking snow-capped peaks of the Krkonoše, incredible peace and harmony ... These are the winter Krkonoše.
Where can you go on a trip to the Giant Mountains in winter?
Winter Krkonoše - everyone will remember immediately - the slopes, ideal conditions for skiers, Špindlerův Mlýn and cable cars.
However, only a few will think of the first good - a small paradise on earth for cross-country skiers and ski mountaineers.
Breathtaking snow-capped peaks of the Giant Mountains, views of the Czech Republic and Poland. And above all, incredible peace and harmony. These feelings will fill you up on the ridges of the Krkonoše.
Giant mountains - these are excursions in winter! On cross-country skis and ski alps
Brief description of the winter trip:
Put on your cross-country skis or alpine skiing and go on a wonderful winter trip and a day-long cross-country skiing route from Špindlerův Bouda via Luční bouda, Klínovka and Chata na Rozcestí back to Špindlerův Mlýn.
A wonderful all-day winter excursion with cross-country skis or alpine skiing along the ridges of the Giant Mountains, which we highly recommend!
Brief description of the trip:
- You start this winter trip at the bus station in Špindlerův Mlýn, from where there is a regular bus line Špindlerův Mlýn - Špindlerova bouda.
- The starting point of the route is Špindlerova bouda
- After the first ascent, walk along the bar markings towards Luční bouda
- After refreshment in Luční bouda, ascend to the monument to the victims of the mountains
- Expect a steep descent to Výrovka. You continue along the contour line to Chalupa at an intersection
- followed by a short descent to Klínovy Bouda. From the Klínovka junction, follow the green sign to the Na Pláni hut.
- Upper station of the Na Pláni cable car - descent to Špindlerův Mlýn - alternatives - see article below
The elevation and map below present the route on cross-country skis or ski alps:
Špindlerova Bouda, Luční bouda, Memorial to the Victims of the Mountains, Výrovka, Klínovky, Chata na Rozcestí, Na Pláni and the upper station of the Na Pláň cable car.
Brief route description:
You leave the bus station with the line Špindlerův Mlýn - Špindlerova Bouda = the starting point of the trip. Czech-Polish friendship route → along the bar markings in the direction of Luční bouda (Špindlerův Mlýn - Luční bouda = 5.6 km / 1:20 h) → ascent - Memorial to the Mountain Victims → steep descent in the direction of Výrovka 30 min.) → Chalupa na Rozcestí (Výrovka - Chalupa na Rozcestí = 1.3 km / 15 min.) → Bouda Klínovka (Chalupa na Rozcestí - Bouda Klínovka = 1.2 km / 12 min) → Bouda Na Pláni → upper station Na Pláň cable car (Bouda Klínovka - Na Pláň cable car = 3.7 km / 45 min.)
Total: Špindlerova bouda - Luční bouda - Výrovka - Na Rozcestí - Klínovka - upper station of the Na Pláň cable car = 14.6 km / 3:05 h)
Total length and duration: 14.6 km / approx. 4 h (Špindlerův bouda - Luční bouda - Výrovka - Na Rozcestí - Klínovka - upper station of the Na Pláň cable car)
Elevation gain: ascent ↑ 471m, descent ↓ 482 m
Difficulty: 2/5 low
Refreshments on the route: YES - Špindlerova Bouda, Luční Bouda, Výrovka, Chalupa na Rozcestí, Klínovka, Restaurant Na Pláni
Hike with children: YES
Cross-country skiing and skialps: YES
Pedestrian: not suitable - strongly recommended
Good to know:
- BUY A MAP
- FIND OUT THE WEATHER FORECAST
- WEATHER IN THE MOUNTAINS CHANGES SUDDENLY
- MOUNTAIN SERVICE - TEL +420 1210
- DO NOT OVERCOMMED YOUR FORCE
- THIS TOUR IS ONLY SUITABLE FOR CROSS-COUNTRY OR SKIALPES
- WEAR WARM CLOTHES, JACKET, CAP, GLOVES
- CHARGE YOUR MOBILE BEFORE THE TOUR
- LET YOU KNOW WHERE YOU GO ON THE TRIP, (RECEPTIONS, FRIENDS, ETC.)
- PLEASE NOTE: THE WAY OF CZECH-POLISH FRIENDSHIP IS NOT ADJUSTED IN WINTER
- And most importantly: TEN PRINCIPLES OF SAFE BEHAVIOR WHEN MOVING IN MOUNTAIN TERRAIN
Before the trip, stop at our Infocentre SPINDL.info in the center of Špindlerův Mlýn - HERE and buy a card. They will make your trip easier and we will be happy to advise you on further details of this trip.
The paper card is not discharged and the signal is not lost.
Current weather on the ridges for this trip - online webcam Luční bouda HERE. You can find the weather forecast HERE. The weather in the mountains is changing every moment, don't underestimate this fact.
Please note that this route is only suitable for cross-country skiing or skiing. We do not recommend this hike in winter!
If the weather is bad, remember that you have seven options for refreshments or stops along the way (Špindlerova Bouda, Luční Bouda, Výrovka, Chalupa na Rozcestí, Klínovka, Restaurant Na Pláni).
Remember that the last cable car goes back to Špindlerův Mlýn at 16:00.
Detailed route description:
Before the trip, stop at our Infocentre SPINDL.info in the center of Špindlerův Mlýn - HERE and buy a card. They will make your trip easier and we will be happy to advise you on further details of this trip. The paper card is not discharged and the signal is not lost.
The journey begins at the car station in Špindlerův Mlýn. You take a regular bus line Špindlerův Mlýn - Špindlerova bouda to Špindlerův bouda - the starting point of your tour. Here you can refresh yourself, because a 5.6 km long hike to Luční bouda awaits you. You start from Špindlerův Bouda on the road to Czech-Polish friendship. A more demanding ascent along the red road, about 1.5 km in length, awaits you.
Please note in advance that this route is only suitable for cross-country skiers or ski mountaineers.
In winter we strongly recommend not to take this tour as a hike! The road is often icy, so we recommend being more careful here. Turn off the red route and walk along the bar markers to the Čertovo and Stříbrné Návrší hills. This is followed by an equally long descent to Luční bouda, where you will take another break to refresh and rest. From Luční bouda, a long climb of 1 km to the monument to the victims of the mountains awaits you. Then a steep descent to Výrovka awaits you, where you have the opportunity to stop again.
Photo - Luční bouda - more about Luční bouda HERE
Cross-country skiers should also be careful here, the slopes can be icy. Then drive to Chalupa na Rozcestí and continue towards Klínovka, from where you will take a pleasant route along the green markings that follow the contour line to the Na Pláni hut, where a modified forest path with a modified cross-country trail follows. You are at the top station of the Na Pláň cable car.
A beautiful and undemanding trip along the ridges of the Giant Mountains on cross-country skis or alpine skiing is almost over.
Here you have the opportunity to get from Na Pláně to Špindlerův Mlýn:
1) If you are tired, use the cable car, which is open until 4:00 p.m. in winter. The fare is available here.
2) You go down the blue ski slope to Špindlerův Mlýn. We recommend this variant for more capable cross-country skiers.
3) or you can diversify your trip with a very pleasant descent over a length of 8 km from 1:20 h. First you drive along the green and at the Krásná pláň junction turn onto the red Krkonoše / Věřina motorway, drive around Hromovka and drive back to Špindlerův Mlýn. You cross the Hromovka ski slope in two places. Be especially careful before you get past skiers. The card HERE will tell you more.
You have a nice day trip on cross-country skis or alpine skiing along the ridges of the Giant Mountains. You have met several real mountain huts and also a large part of the giant mountains. We believe that you enjoyed the trip and that you will remember it for a long time.
Martin - SPINDL.info