Pančavský waterfall in the Giant Mountains above Špindlerův Mlýn is the highest waterfall in the Czech Republic. When visiting Špindlerův Mlýn or the Giant Mountains, you must not forget to visit the unique feature of the Czech Republic - the highest…
Pančavský waterfall in the Giant Mountains above Špindlerův Mlýn is the highest waterfall in the Czech Republic.
When visiting Špindlerův Mlýn or the Giant Mountains, you must not forget to visit the unique feature of the Czech Republic - the highest waterfall in the Czech Republic - Pančavský waterfall. You can combine a trip to the Pančavský waterfall, for example, with a trip to the Elbe Spring, or to the Elbe Hut. The beautiful view from the edge of the Pančava waterfall to Labský důl and the Krkonoše Mountains will forever be remembered.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Pančava Waterfall in the Giant Mountains has a height of 148 m and is the highest waterfall in the Czech Republic.
- Pančava falls here in four cascades into the valley of the Elbe mine from a height of 148 meters. Depending on the season and the amount of water, it is also 162 meters.
- The cascades of the Pančava Waterfall have four main stages, which are 36 m high, 39 m high, 23 m high and 20 m high.
- Pančava falls from a height of 1298 to 1150 meters above sea level. The most abundant flow of the waterfall is at the end of April to the beginning of May, when the snow on the Pančava and Labská meadows melts.
- You can observe the Pančava waterfall from the edge of the Elbe mine and you can only see its upper part. If you want to see the waterfall in all its beauty, you have to go down to the valley of the Elbe mine.
- Plan a trip to the Pančava Waterfall outside the winter season. In winter, the Pančava waterfall is stored under layers of ice. A winter trip to the Pančava Waterfall is described here. However, we declare in advance that you will see only a part of the icefall ...
- When visiting the Pančava Waterfall, visit Ambrož's Viewpoint. You will be amazed by the unique view of the Elbe valley, the fairy-tale meanders of the nascent Elbe and the breathtaking ridges of the Giant Mountains.
- RADA NAD ZLATO: Choose a visit to the Pančava Waterfall outside the summer season, or take a trip on a weekday. In the full summer season, this route is very busy due to its great popularity and you will meet crowds of tourists. So, if only possible, choose less exposed dates and enjoy a trip to the Pančava Waterfall!
Brief description of the trip:
- The trip to the Pančavský waterfall begins at the lower station of the cable car to Medvědín.
- You take the cable car and from the upper station of Medvědín you go down to Horní Mísečky to Jilemnická bouda, from where the bus goes to Zlaté vrchší - to Vrbatova bouda
- Furthermore, only on foot. From Vrbatova Bda you go on the red Buchar road you pass the monument of Master Hanč and after 20 minutes you are at the highest waterfall in the Czech Republic - Pančavský waterfall.
- TIP for you: From the Pančava waterfall over Ambrož's viewpoint, walk to the Elbe hut.
We recommend that you choose the way back through Labský dol. You will see the Pančava waterfall in all its beauty, see the photos in the gallery below.
From Pančavský waterfall, continue through Ambrožova vyhlídka to Labská Bouda. Here you must taste the local Paroháč beer!
From Labská bouda, follow the blue markings to the valley of Labské dol back to Špindlerův Mlýn. However, this return route is not suitable for a pram, as a challenging descent through the Elbe gorge awaits you.
After about two km, however, you will be rewarded with a beautiful view of the Pančavský waterfall from the lower part of the Elbe mine and you will get a complete idea of its full beauty.
You continue to Špindl on a pleasant path along the nascent Elbe through Dívčí Lávky to Špindlerův Mlýn. From Labská bouda to Špindlerův Mlýn, this route is 11.5 km long. You can do it with children, but be prepared for a steep descent under the Elbe hut.
You can combine a trip to the Pančava waterfall with a trip to the Elbe Spring - the Elbe Spring trip has been described in detail HERE
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU:
- BUY A MAP FROM US
- FIND OUT THE CABLE CARS
- THE WEATHER CHANGES FREQUENTLY
- MOUNTAIN SERVICE - TEL +420 1210
- PROTECT NATURE, DO NOT TAKE FLOWERS, DO NOT DISPOSE OF WASTE
Before a trip to Pančavský waterfall, stop at our SPINDL.info Infocentre in the center of Špindlerův Mlýn and buy a map. You will make your trip easier and we will be happy to advise you on the details of the trip. The paper map will not discharge and the signal will not be lost. Find out in advance the timetable of the cable car to Medvědín. The times of the last cable car may vary daily.
A look at our webcams will make it easier for you to decide on a trip with regard to the current weather on the ridges of the Giant Mountains.
Webcam - Labská bouda. Pančavský waterfall is on the right image of the webcam - on the right side of the Elbe valley. It is not visible on the webcam, it is hidden behind the edge of the Elbe mine.
Webcam - Vrbatova bouda
Webcam - Medvědín
Please note that the weather - the info here on the ridges of the Giant Mountains changes every moment, so always pack suitable clothing that will protect you from bad weather.
GPS of Pančava Waterfall: 50.7609944N, 15.5447558E
Map and location of Pančavský waterfall
- Click on the elevation or map below to enlarge:
click on the map to enlarge
Brief route description:
Špindlerův Mlýn - the lower station of the Medvědín cable car → the starting point of the trip - the upper station of the Medvědín → you will walk approx. 300 m (Medvědín - Jilemnická bouda = 1 km) → Jilemnická bouda - bus stop → bus direction Zlaté návší - Vrbatova bouda → Vrbatova bouda - Bucharova cesta direction Labská bouda (Vrbatova bouda - Labská bouda = 2,2 km) Labská bouda. → under Labská bouda back - descent through Labský dol to Špindlerův Mlýn. A total of 14.7 km.
Total length and duration: 14.7 km / approx. 5 - 6 h (upper station of the cable car Medvědín - Pančavský waterfall - Labská bouda - Špindlerův Mlýn)
Elevation gain: ascent: ↑ 174 m, descent ↓ 695 m
Difficulty: 3/5 suitable, also suitable for children
Refreshments on the route: YES - Vrbatova bouda, Labská bouda, Myslivna, Srub pod Medvědínem
Hiking with children: YES
Mountain bike: NO
Stroller: DO NOT take - rent a baby backpack.
Wheelchair users: NO
By car: NO
Pančavský waterfall also has its history. Even in the past, the Pančava waterfall was one of the most visited places in the Giant Mountains, and due to tourists, its flow was even artificially increased. Around the middle of the 19th century, the owner of the nearby Labská bouda, Josef Schier, set up a small reservoir with a sluice and a booth above the upper edge to hide the staff and provide modest refreshments and a viewing terrace with railings. The tourist booth was also below the Pančavský waterfall. We must point out that the Elbe Spring and the Elbe Hut were also very popular destinations in the 19th century.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FAQ:
- How do I get to Pančavská waterfall?
The summer trip to Pančavský waterfall is described in detail here on this line - the trip Elbe Spring and Pančavský waterfall.
- How much is the entrance fee to Pančavský waterfall?
There is no entrance fee to Pančavský waterfall. Pančavský waterfall is the 1st protection zone of the Krkonoše National Park, so please follow the rules of movement in KRNAP.
- Will I reach Pančavský waterfall by car?
Not. It is not possible to reach the Pančava Waterfall by car or bicycle (only if you take it side by side.) You can park your car in the Horní Mísečky car park or in Špindlerův Mlýn and take the cable car to Medvědín and continue to Vrbatova bouda - direction Pramen Labe - route here.
- Will I reach the Pančavský waterfall with a pram?
Yes, but expect to drive on a mountain road where there are stones and you will have to carry a stroller in several places. We recommend that you take or rent a children's backpack instead of a pram.
- Is there a snack bar, a toilet on the way, or where will I hide from bad weather?
Yes. Vrbatova bouda is 1.2 km away and Labská bouda is 1 km away. There is neither a snack bar nor a toilet right next to the Pančava waterfall.
© Martin Jandura - SPINDL.info
If you have found a mistake or would like to supplement it with your review, idea or advice, please write to us - HERE.
We will be happy to pass on your knowledge to others ;-)
Thank you very much for your feedback. Create the website www.Spindleruv-Mlyn.com together with us!
© Martin Jandura - SPINDL.info
The website operator does not accept any responsibility for any errors, incompleteness, inaccuracy or outdated information provided on this website.