A very pleasant trip for families with children, which you can also take on a bike or with a pram. Most of the trip leads downhill, as the cable car to Pláň will take you up. Your children will also compete. The cable car will take your bike or pram free
Take this little-frequented but very popular route by bike, scooter or pram. You go downhill the whole route!
The Giant Mountains abound in unusually rich fauna. The most famous animals that live in the vicinity of Špindlerův Mlýn are the red fox, roe deer, badger, deer, marten, hare and wild boar. And it will be these seven animals that we will track on our 7 km long Hitchhiker's Trail.
Good to know:
- Don't forget to request a diary with a route map at the checkout in addition to the cable car ticket. You will write and draw in it.
- Check the operation of the Na Pláň cable car in advance - here.
- Cable car - fare price list.
- They will take your pram upstairs by cable car for free, don't worry.
- At the upper station of the Na Pláni cable car there is a beautiful playground - here.
- With the pram, the whole way is passable, but you are in the mountains, so we recommend a sports pram with suspension for Špindlerův Mlýn wanderings.
- Or - it is best to use a children's backpack, which you can also borrow here in Špindl - CZK 190 / day.
- The nature trail has 7 stops and measures 7.7 km.
Short description of the route: Špindlerův Mlýn center → lower cable car Na Pláň - Svatý Petr → pick up the competition map at the checkout → cable car Na Pláň → Upper station of the cable car Svatý Petr → Rozcestník Nad Věřinou road → Viewpoint over the Elbe dam → Rest area → Hotel Hromovka → Dolní stanice cable car Svatý Petr → center of Špindl.
Total length and duration: 7.7 km / 3 - 4 hours on foot (Upper station of the Na Pláni cable car - crossroads Nad Věřinou road - Hromovka - lower station of the cable car)
Elevation gain: ascent ↑ 20 m, descent ↓ 480 m
Difficulty: 2/5 low, suitable for children
Webcam: Na Pláni - HERE
Refreshments on the route: Restaurant Stadion Sv. Petr, Hotel Hromovka, Horalka
Hiking with children: YES
Baby carriage: YES - we recommend a sports pram
The elevation and map below present the route:
Click on the map to enlarge:
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU:
- BUY A MAP FROM US
- FIND OUT THE CABLE CARS
- LOOK AT WEBCAMS
- THE WEATHER CHANGES FREQUENTLY
- MOUNTAIN SERVICE - TEL +420 1210
- PROTECT NATURE, DO NOT TAKE FLOWERS, DO NOT DISPOSE OF WASTE
If you have found a mistake or would like to supplement it with your review, idea or advice, please write to us - HERE.
We will be happy to pass on your knowledge to others ;-)
Thank you very much for your feedback. Create the website www.Spindleruv-Mlyn.com together with us!
© Martin Jandura - SPINDL.info
The website operator does not accept any responsibility for any errors, incompleteness, inaccuracy or outdated information provided on this website.