Above all, please accept the fact that there is a strict ban on bicycles from Luční bouda through Úpské rašeliniště and Sněžka. You are in the first zone of KRNAP. Even if you ride your bike side by side - which is allowed, we don't think it will be…
Above all, please accept the fact that there is a strict ban on bicycles from Luční bouda through Úpské rašeliniště and Sněžka. You are in the first zone of KRNAP. Even if you ride your bike side by side - which is allowed, we don't think it will be an ideal trip. However, if you lock your bike at Luční bouda, you can take a trip to Sněžka.
Good to know:
- From the upper station of the Na Pláni cable car to Luční bouda by bike, you have two alternatives available in the length of 26 km or 38 km.
- The cable car will take your bike for free.
- It is NOT allowed to go to Sněžka by bike. You have to lock the bike at Luční bouda and continue on foot to Sněžka and back.
- The walk from Luční bouda to Sněžka measures 3.4 km / 1:30 h - one way.
- On the website you can find information that a cycling route from Karpacz to Sněžka is also allowed. After asking about KRNAP, you will find out that this route is not allowed.
- If you run out of power, call GoTaxi - +420 774 800 006. However, only on roads. Not in the KRNAP band.
- You can rent a mountain bike or e-bike HERE.
Take the cable car to Pláň - information about the operation and prices can be found here.
If you do not want to use the cable car, ride a bike from the center of Špindl in a panel over Hromovka, Krásná Pláň (8 km / approx. 1 h - still uphill) - cycling map here.
From the upper station of the Na Pláni cable car you have two alternatives:
1) Easier cycling route, but expect that you will drive your bike side by side for 2 km - From the upper station of the Na Pláni cable car, follow the blue markings in the direction of Bouda Na Pláni → Klínovka. At Bouda Na Pláni you have to get off your bike and honestly lead it side by side for about 2 km along a private forest path and the KRNAP protected area. Here we strongly urge you to comply with this rule. Firstly, you risk a high distance from the park rangers, and secondly, you do not want to intentionally liquidate the Krkonoše Mountains ... You already climb to Klínovka by bike and continue to the Na Rozcestí Buffet. You drive in the direction of Výrovka and then set off 1.5 km on a steep climb to the Memorial to the Victims of the Mountains up to 1513 m above sea level. Now a descent 800 m awaits you to Luční bouda, where you lock your bike, have a local twisted Paroháč and walk through Úpské rašeliniště in the direction of Sněžka.
The cycle route is a total of 9 km long (of which 2 km you lead the bike) - lasting 2-3 hours - one way. The map of this bike route is here.
You go back the same way. At Bouda Na Pláni, we recommend that you head in the direction of Krásná Pláň and then in the direction of Špindl. An 8 km long descent from the elevation gain of 488 m awaits you on good roads to Špindlerův Mlýn. From Bouda na Pláni to Špindl you will descend in half an hour - see the cycle map of the exit here.
Meadow hut - Luční bouda
Total length and duration of the cycle route: 26 km / approx. 4 - 6 h = by bike (Upper station Na Pláni → Bouda Na Pláni → Klínovky → Buffet Na Rozcestí → Výrovka → Luční Bda and back via Krásná Pláň to Špindl). There is no 6 km walk from Luční bda to Sněžka and back
Elevation gain - one way: ascent ↑ 411 m, descent ↓ 184 m
Difficulty: 4/5 medium
Refreshments on the bike path: YES - Klínovka, Buffet Na Rozcestí, Luční bda , Hromovka
Bike tour with children: YES -! challenging climb from Výrovka!
Mountain bike: YES
By car: not allowed - Krkonoše National Park.
Webcam - Upper station of the Na Pláni cable car
Webcam - Luční bouda here and here
Webcam - Sněžka here
To enlarge the cycle map, click on the map image:
2) Relatively demanding cycle route - Upper station of the Na Pláni cable car → Krásná Pláň → Šestidomí → Strážné municipal office → Strážné lom - until you came here with a pleasant descent of 7 km. Now you have a 9 km ascent with an elevation gain of 775 m. Follow the red road in the direction of Hříběcí bouda → Přední Rennerovky → Zadní Rennerovky → Dvorská bouda → Bufet Na Rozcestí → Výrovka → Memorial to the Mountain Victims → Luční bouda and back. This route - one way - is 19 km long and 2-4 hours long. The cycling map of the entire route is here.
The route back from Luční bouda via Strážné and to Špindl takes about 2 hours in the length of 23 km. You have a map of the cycling route back here.
If you do not want to use the cable car, ride a bike from the center of Špindl by a panel over Hromovka, Krásná Pláň - bike map here. From Krásná Pláně you continue in the direction of Šestidomí → Strážné, etc. This applies to tip no.2.
To enlarge the map, click on the picture of the bike map:
Before the trip, stop at our Infocentre SPINDL.info in the center of Špindlerův Mlýn and buy a map. You will make your trip easier and we will be happy to advise you on the details of the trip. The paper map will not discharge and the signal will not be lost.
The weather on the ridges is available here.
Webcams on the ridges of the Giant Mountains will show you the online weather on the ridges.
An interesting cycling trip through the Giant Mountains to Luční bouda.
BUY A MAP WITH US - HERE
USE A CYCLING HELMET
MOUNTAIN SERVICE - TEL +420 1210
GoTAXI - TEL. +420 774 800 006
WEBCAMS IN THE KRKONOSY MOUNTAINS - HERE
PROTECT NATURE, DO NOT TAKE FLOWERS, DO NOT DISPOSE OF WASTE
Have an Ambulance application on your phone.
If you have found a mistake or would like to supplement it with your review, idea or advice, please write to us - HERE.
We will be happy to pass on your knowledge to others ;-)
Thank you very much for your feedback. Create the website www.Spindleruv-Mlyn.com together with us!
© Martin Jandura - SPINDL.info
The website operator does not accept any responsibility for any errors, incompleteness, inaccuracy or outdated information provided on this website.